OWNER REPRESENTATIVE SERVICES
- PHASE I - DUE DILIGENCE
- CB will review the site investigation including; Geotechnical Studies, Phase I Environmental,
Boundary, Topographic and Existing Tree Surveys.
- CB will review the availability of electrical, telephone and cable services, gas,
water, sewer and storm drainage per previous reports provided by Owner.
- CB will report the status of existing entitlements including: zoning classifications,
plat restrictions, well field status, permitting and associated fees.
- CB will manage the necessary consultants for completion of the above.
- PHASE II - PROGRAMMATIC ANALYSIS
- CB will in conjunction with the Owner and Design Team, assemble the programmatic
requirements of the project through meetings with Owner and studies of the current
facility. This program will be the basis for the preliminary Development Budget
as well as Design Team's proposals for the construction documents.
- CB will, in conjunction with the Owner and Design Team, prepare a preliminary review
of the LEED checklist to establish certification goals. The checklist will provide
an indication of the requirements for the building program, budget, schedule and
the Design Team Fees.
- CB will review a Preliminary Development Budget based upon the findings of the Due
Diligence and Programmatic Analysis Phases. The construction (hard costs) portion
of the Development Budget will be the basis for guiding the Design Team through
the development process.
- PHASE III - CONSULTANT SELECTION AND MANAGEMENT
- Based on the Design Team standard AIA Contract, CB will produce, negotiate, administrate
and manage the Design Team contract and make recommendation of payment for their
- CB will manage and review the progress of the design documents and confirm to the
Owner that the construction documents reflect the conditions and construction budget
established in the Programmatic Analysis Phase at each of the following stages.
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction Documents
- PHASE IV - DESIGN TEAM NEGOTIATION - GMP
- CB will make a recommendation on the proposed Guaranteed Maximum Price basis for
- Based on Design Team's Guaranteed Maximum Price standard AIA Contract, CB will provide
the required business terms, qualifications and exhibits to the standard contract
- Assist Owner in reviewing project insurance requirements including Builders Risk,
General Liability and Property Damage, Bonding and other owner required insurance
- PHASE V - DESIGN PHASE
- CB will attend design charettes consisting of initial space planning and agreed
upon interim review of design documents.
- Review Design Builders initial design and construction schedule.
- PHASE VI - CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
- Construction Management shall commence upon the issuance of Notice to Proceed to
the Design Team until project completion consisting of the following:
- Telephonic and electronic coordination and correspondence
- Report on weekly job site visits and progress meetings with the Design Team
- Monthly construction draw requisition review with Design Team and Contractor
- Provide monthly management update reports.
- Upon issuance of Certificate of Occupancy or substantial completion whichever is
earlier, CB will manage project close-out including:
- Review Design Team's punch list and one (1) follow up visit
- Design Team's close-out documents to be turned over to Owner
- Coordinate a walk-through of the building systems with Owner, Design Team, Contractor,
their sub-contractors and LEED Commissioning Agent
- Review of Design Team's final payment requisition and retention